MADISON COUNTY, TENNESSEE
JUVENILE COURT SERVICES
Now hiring for the 2018-2019 school year!
TITLE: PART TIME Teacher Probation Officer
This project employs full time school faculty and administrators who work in the Jackson Madison County School System to perform family intervention services part time for the court. This program serves as an early intervention to children who are displaying problem behaviors in the classrooms of Madison County public elementary and middle schools. The purpose of these services is to prevent students from incurring delinquent charges and to improve school performance. Reports to Interventions Manager.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Provide family intervention services to children who are displaying problem behaviors in the classrooms of Madison County public elementary and middle schools. The services provided will include but will not be limited to:
• Meet with the child and family in the home to assess the home environment
• Meet with the child’s teachers to assess the school environment
• Develop an appropriate treatment plan and goals for each child and family
• Assist the child and family with accessing services within the community
2. Act as a liaison between the court and the school system.
3. Obtain and compile statistical data necessary to meet reporting requirements and submit reports to supervisor by the 5th of every month.
4. Keep all documentation current and accurate in Quest System.
5. Keep time cards accurately.
6. Participate in professional training as required by supervisor.
7. Participate in individual meetings and staff meetings.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, or other computer programs.
Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, directing visitors, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, filing documentation, or processing incoming/outgoing mail. Provides assistance to other employees or departments as needed. Performs other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree supplemented by at least one year of full time experience working with students in the public school system.
• Must be a full time administrator, teacher or counselor in the Jackson Madison County Public School System.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with and relate to children, families and coworkers from an attitude of servant leadership and nonjudgmental positive regard.
• Effective communication skills and organizational skills in both oral and written form.
• Establish & maintain rapport with clients, professionals, co-workers, and the general public both in person and on the telephone.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, evaluate situations and make decisions independently.
• Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license and pass a criminal background check through the TBI.
To apply for this position, please complete a Madison County Government Application and return it to Human Resources, 100 East Main, Suite 303, Jackson, TN 38301.
|8/20/2015 12:00 AM
|Open Until Filled