Open Position: ANTI-LITTER CREW MONITOR (Part-Time)
Reports to: Office of County Mayor
- Supervise a work crew comprised of local jail inmates to undertake litter cleanup activities along county roads.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Transports crew from central pick-up point to work locations via county vehicle
- Supervises crew picking up litter.
- Presents and educates the work crew with information regarding safety.
- Responsible for maintaining materials and equipment (including county owned vehicle), submitting paperwork in a timely manner, complying with safety requirements, i.e., enforcing mandatory use of safety equipment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public as well as the work crew
- Ability to effectively supervise jail inmates
- Ability to understand and implement safety precautions as required
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to keep and maintain records on a monthly basis by using a computer-based spreadsheet
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time, reach, bend, stoop, squat, twist, climb, and pull.
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in unfavorable/odorous environment including fumes, odors and dust.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally lift up to fifty pounds.
- Must be able to give and receive verbal and visual direction.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent, two years of supervisory experience in a labor intensive environment (preferably associated with law enforcement); OR Substituting on a month for month basis, any combination of experience, education and training which would provide the level of knowledge and ability required.
Must pass a criminal background check, and have a good driving record.
To apply for this position, please complete a Madison County Government Application and return it to Misty Hardee, 100 East Main, Suite 303, Jackson, TN 38301.
|11/14/2017 12:00 AM
|Open Until Filled