PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITIONIST 3
(Salary Based On Experience)
Education and Experience: Possession of proof of registration in active status as a Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and experience equivalent to two year full-time professional nutrition work.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in human nutrition, dietetics, or any public or community health field dealing with applied human nutrition; and possession of proof of registration in active status as a Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and experience equivalent to one year of full-time professional nutrition work.
Other Requirements: Possession of proof of registration in active status as a Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained during employment in the Nutritionist 3 job classification. Must have a telephone, reliable vehicle, and maintain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
Note: A transcript is required for proper evaluation for this class.
Main Duties Description:
1. Supervise and direct the nutrition services component and program eligibility of persons participating in the WIC program at The Jackson-Madison County Regional Health Department – The WIC Center.
2. Performs health and nutrition assessments according to State Guidelines.
3. Performs high risk health and nutrition counseling and makes appropriate referrals.
4. Determines patient’s eligibility for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) to comply with program guidelines.
5. Determines patient eligibility for therapeutic products to comply with program guidelines, as required.
6. Performs height, weight, and hematological measurements according to WIC guidelines.
7. Participates in program continuing education, scheduled meetings, or any related educational program.
8. Documents nutrition care plan in WIC database.
9. Participates in outreach activities and community events to promote the knowledge, awareness and access of nutrition services; also promotes breastfeeding among participants and the community at large.
10. Maintains client confidentiality at all times to meet HIPAA guidelines.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Emergency Response: Respond to and report immediately if called upon as part of a coordinated emergency response by the Department of Health.
Applications can be picked up at the Jackson-Madison County Regional Health Department, 804 North Parkway, Jackson, TN 38305. They may also be printed from our Madison County website www.co.madison.tn.us. All applications must be returned by 4:30 p.m., March 24, 2017, to the Jackson-Madison County Regional Health Department.
|3/13/2017 12:00 AM
|3/24/2017 4:30 PM