Click to Home

Go To Search
email pageprint page
Burn Permit and Regulations
Regulations for Open and Barrel Burning
  • A permit will be required to burn.
  • To receive a permit you must call Madison County Fire Department at  (731) 424-5577 day you plan to burn.
  • Your permit will only be good for the day you call in (if burning the next day you will need a new permit).
  • Burning must be completed before dark (unless authorized by Chief) only exceptions would be a small campfire.
  • Burning must be at least 75' from any structure or woodland.
  • If complaints are received, we will have to call and ask you to put it out.
  • Burn permits are only give if conditions are good (this will include wind speed, humidity and lack of rain fall).
  • If conditions change after permit is given, we will have to call and ask you to put it out.
  • Permit does not release the holder from liability for any damage caused.
  • Someone must stay with the fire until extinguished.
  • You must have a way to quickly extinguish the fire.
  • NO Burning of the following:
    • Tires
    • Shingles
    • Copper wire
    • or anything harmful to the environment
  • You will be asked the following questions when you call in for a permit:
    • How far from from any structure, field or woodland?
    • How large is the pile?
    • Is it in a barrel, on the grass or clear ground?
    • What are you burning? (trash, leaves, brush ect..)
    • Do you have a way to quickly extinguish the fire?
    • Name, Address, Location of burn, Name of person in charge, home phone and cell number 

Accessibility  •  Sitemap  •  Copyright Notices  •  Powered by CivicPlus
A Great American Community 100 East Main Jackson, TN 38301 (731) 988-3960