Breastfeeding strengthens our children, our community and our future. Breastfeeding also helps both mom and baby avoid many health problems.
A few benefits to Breastfeeding are:
- Joyful bonding with your baby
- Cost saving
- Less asthma
- Less diabetes
- less allergies
- Possible higher IQ for children
Breastfeeding education and support are offered to pregnant and lactating women through the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children popularly known as WIC. Resources available through this clinic include breastfeeding classes, educational pamphlets, support from a breastfeeding counselor and breast pumps for the support and continuation of breastfeeding. Call the WIC office to make an appointment to attend a breastfeeding class.
Benefits of the Breastfeeding Classes:
- Allows a mother to talk to other breastfeeding mothers
- Learn new successful tips
- Each mother receives diapers and other helpful resources at each class