The Jackson Madison County Regional Health Department issues certified birth certificates for persons born in Tennessee only. We issue the long form certificate for $15.00 per copy. We accept cash, credit cards, debit cards and money orders.
Copies of birth certificates may be issued only to the following persons:
- Person named on the certificate, i.e.the registrant.
- Parent of the registrant. Must be on certificate.
- Spouse of the registrant.
- Person with legal custody of the registrant with court documentation.
- Anyone with a notarized statement from the registrant giving them permission to obtain the certificate.
All persons requesting a birth certificate must provide proof of identification. Proof of identification that we accept.
You must be present in our office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and
4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday to receive your certificate the same day.
Persons applying after 4:00 p.m. will be required to return the
following business day.