Click to Home

Go To Search
email pageprint page
Building Permits, Deeds, & Mobile Homes
Building Permits
Building permits are used to add (pick up) new buildings or remodels. Demolition permits are also used to remove buildings. A field check is done to verify each.
For more information regarding permits and other building regulations:
  • If your house / building is located within the Jackson City limits go to the City of Jackson Building Department or call (731) 425-8262 as well as calling the Madison County Building Department @ (731) 423-6015
  • If your house / building is located in Madison County ONLY, call (731) 423-6015 the Madison County Building Department.
  • To help ensure our records are correct, please purchase permits for remodels, room additions, repairs especially due to storm/flood damage and new home construction.

Deeds are brought to this office to be stamped before being taken to the Register of Deeds for recording. After registering, the deed information is used to transfer ownership.

Any change in ownership must be accompanied by a legal document i.e., in the case of a deceased family member, a death certificate, the probated will, and/or a deed will be needed to change ownership.

If a divorce is the reason for ownership changes, the divorce decree and a deed is needed.

If your name changes for any reason, we will need a copy of your New Valid Drivers License.

For more information regarding deeds please call (731) 423-6028 or go to the Madison County Register of Deeds website.

Mobile Homes
Mobile home registrations are brought to this Office to ensure the location of mobile homes are known and assessed. For more information regarding Mobile Home Registration please call (731) 423-6091 or go to the Madison County Clerk's website.

Accessibility  •  Sitemap  •  Copyright Notices  •  Powered by CivicPlus
A Great American Community 100 East Main Jackson, TN 38301 (731) 423-6020